Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Years/ Anniversary

January  1, 2009: Michael asks me to be his girlfriend when the ball drops on new years at his friends, Jeff and Shari's, house. I say yes.

Fast forward to January 1, 2010: I celebrate my anniversary with Michael  and my first "friend-iversary" with Jeff and Shari. Yaye!!




The reason this is now my first memory of 2010 is because of all the changes I have already made,  alone and with Michael. I never thought that a year later we would not only still be together but be living together and still be as deeply in love as when we started. We have had our ups and downs, boy let me tell you!

That's why I want to bring the word change into my life. I want to change how easily I am to anger and fighting. I want to make this year less of a roller coaster and more of a lazy river boat ride. I want to remember more happy times then unhappy ones. So I am going to work on changing my anger into something better. Next time I get mad I will clean or do laundry or, if I am able, I will sit down with Michael and talk about what and why I feel mad.

I think this will not only be good for my love relationship, but it will also come into effect  in other parts of my life. Family, friends, work, driving and anything else where stress levels can get high. I think this is a good place to start changing.

Amanda B.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Very adult Amanda....you are growing up! Sorry about the temper thing you get that from me. ;)

Jenn said...

Cool "word" picture too!!! :)

Post a Comment