Friday, January 01, 2010

First post for new blog, first post for new year

I have never been really good about blogging. I always start and do really good for, well a few days or a few months. But this time it is different. From now on this blog will be updated everyday, twice a day just before bed.

Let me explain. My mom sent me these emails, one was about having a word for the year. Something you wanted to more directly incorporate into your life. A word you reflect on, think about and bring into your everyday life. I thought this was great!! I love talking, I love learning, I love thinking. I plan to write a small post each night about how I incorporated my word into my life more. About how it makes me feel, or what I think about it.

My word is change. I have always loved change, but now I am looking at this word in a different light. In less then five(5) months I will be twenty-one(21). Most people look at twenty-one(21) as time to party, time to drink and be stupid. I want to be able to say I am becoming an adult, I am an adult. In order for me to start to not fear the real world, responsibility and growing up I am going to change. Small changes in my life, I'm not even really sure what yet. It could be something as dramatic as the color of my hair (I went from bright blonde to red red), something small like saving ten(10) dollars every week so I have money for next Christmas (not a bad idea...) or even something huge like buying my first car (I hope, I hope...).

My point being, I will be finding ways to change. But only in goods ways and nothing that will hurt others or make anyone else's life harder. I really want to be able to take care of myself even though I have a wonderful boyfriend who has been making sure I am happy and taking care of for a year now. I want to be able to take care of him back. To be able to help out more with bills, gas, food and things we want. My real goal for this year, well my two goals, are; 1. buy my own car and 2. get our own place. By the end of the year I hope to have accomplished these goals or at least be close to them. The only way I can reach these goals is to change somethings in my life like spending habits and eating fast food everyday.

I think everyone should pick a word this year. I know it has given me something nice to look forward to everyday. I get to share my day and my progress with everyone. Hopefully, even if you don't pick a word, my blogs will maybe help you in some way. :)

Now the second post that will happen every evening will be a picture with a small description of what was going on, how I felt and why it is important to me. This was another email my mom sent to me, another great idea. I think it is a great idea because it will help me remember things that I otherwise would have never been able to. It'll be fun to look back on it at the end of the year also.

I am going to make sure I stick with this. I am kind of dedicating this to some people. First and foremost, my mom since she did find these ideas and tell me about them and because I want to make her proud of her first born child. I want her to see that I can make it on my own in this crazy world, but that I still think about her everyday (which I will because of this blog). The second person this is for would be my boyfriend, Michael. For the last year he has been so amazing. Dealing with a not so nice step-father (now ex), giving me a place to live, paying for everything I want and need, letting me use his car (sorry Mom and Dad) and for trying to make me happy everyday. I want to be able to show him that I am willing to change for us, to help us. The third person this is for is... Myself!! I really need something positive in my life and this blog is going to be it.

I am super excited to get stared on my new year and working on my two projects. Yaye!!

Amanda B.



Of course I have to give credit where credit is due.
and
and

1 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow Amanda I am really impressed!!! You have taken the "word of the year" a lot further then anyone else I have seen do it. I can't wait to see your picture for today later!

Post a Comment